About 40% of all childbearing women in the U.S. are not using any form of birth control. Many of the same women do not use contraception because they cannot afford to do so. Our mission is to offer women nationwide the highest savings available for prescription contraceptives. Our goal is to give all women an opportunity to save on birth control.
This program makes prescription contraceptives more affordable for the uninsured and the underinsured. Membership to the Birth Control Card is completely FREE and available to everyone. No personal information is required to join and there are no enrollment forms, no eligibility requirements, and no restrictions of any kind. Creating a card online is a quick and easy process. Please compare our discount prices to pharmacy retail prices, and enjoy the significant savings on your birth control.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the Birth Control Card Program work?
- Who is eligible to participate in the Birth Control Card Program?
- How much does the Birth Control Card cost?
- Does it only cover Contraceptives?
- What is the average savings amount?
- How do I use the Birth Control Card?
- How can I be assured I am getting the lowest price?
- Which pharmacies can I go to?
- Can I check a specific prescription's price before purchasing?
How does the Birth Control Card Program work?
The Prescription Assistance Program, Birth Control Card, is partnered with companies that negotiate discounts directly with the pharmacies on over 20,000 name and generic brand drugs. Because our program is able to send such a high volume of cash-paying customers to pharmacies, we can provide group rate prescription discounts. These wholesale prices are passed directly on to patients.
Who is eligible to participate in the Birth Control Card Program?
Membership to the Birth Control Card Program has no requirements. Unlike insurance programs, there is no income, age, pre-existing condition, deductible, or waiting period restrictions. The program is designed to help patients nationwide who do not have prescription drug coverage or who have coverage but are subject to large deductibles, large co-pays, formulary limitations, dosing limitations, gaps, and/or any cash out-of-pocket expenses.
How much does the Birth Control Card cost?
The Birth Control Card Program is absolutely FREE. We provide this service to any and all women that wish to save on their contraceptives. There are no premiums or deductibles associated with this program whatsoever.
Does it only cover Contraceptives?
The Birth Control Card Program covers all FDA approved brand name and generic prescription medications.
What is the average savings amount?
For January 2013 the average savings was 32% off retail pricing for brand and generic drug prescriptions. Generally discounts are higher for Generic Drugs (35%-45% average with some as high as 90%). Hovever, Brand Name Drugs still have significant savings (10%-20% average with some as high as 50%).
How do I use the Birth Control Card?
1. Select a pharmacy: Birth Control Card is accepted at over 68,000 network pharmacy locations nationwide. In most cases, your current pharmacy will be part of our network. Use our Pharmacy Locator Service if you need help finding a participating pharmacy.
2. Submit your prescription: Present your prescription to the pharmacist. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
3. Present Birth Control Card: Your card's unique code provides the pharmacist with the appropriately discounted prescription price. The price on the prescription is based on the pharmacy's contracted agreement with Birth Control Card and our partners.
4. You Save: Your savings will be clear once the pharmacist enters your filled prescription into the register. Whether the lowest discount price is the Birth Control Card price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price, you are GUARANTEED to receive the LOWEST price available!
How can I be assured I am getting the lowest price?
The discounted price may vary by as much as 90% depending on the drug and the pharmacy discount rate contracted with BirthControlCard. While pharmacy prices may vary from week-to-week and by the geographic location, the patient is guaranteed the lowest price available regardless of whether it is the BirthControlCard price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price.
Which pharmacies can I go to?
We have a constantly expanding list of over 68,000 participating major chain pharmacies and local pharmacies nationwide. Use the Pharmacy Locator to see if your pharmacy is in our network.
Can I check a specific prescription's price before purchasing?
Yes, we have provided a tool that will allow you to Look Up the cost of your prescription at any pharmacy. This prescription pricing tool is located at the top of this page.